Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cruz de Perdon


Guanajuato is a mecca for walkers. I'm partial to walks that have a landmark to aim for, which is pretty easy here, as most hills have a cross on top. Cruz de Perdon (Cross of Forgiveness) has not only a cross, but several gravestones and a tile surface area. It's about a 20 minute hike up from La Panoramica. I have been told that sinners, er, pilgrims, walk up together at night by candlelight once a year, but I have never found out the date.

This week, I went there two days in a row: once with Barry, the next day with Jenny, with whom I acted as guide, thereby consolidating my knowledge of where the path starts, and making the trail "mine."

At the top today, Jenny and I ate almonds and raisins and looked down at the city below. You could say we had our own Mass there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home