First Day Back
Yesterday was our first day back in town since leaving in mid-December. We immediately noticed the sense of movement and energy in the streets, the colors, the warmth, and the way people inhabit the outside.
I spent much of the day doing errands. I bought a mirror at the glass shop and produce, yogurt, milk, and wine at four different shops; took my print of the two flamboyant sisters to the frame shop; bought curtain rings. By the time I had completed these tasks, I had accummulated 12,660 steps on my Pedometer. I love that! I love the way just going about my daily business in Guanajuato, in and of itself, provides a framework of fitness without doing anything extra or artificial. I try to walk in California too, but I always notice when I'm in Mexico how much more I walk here, and how interwoven walking is with everyday tasks. I don't plan a walk as "exercise"; it's just part of daily life. It's the way life was for most of human history, and I feel in keeping with ancient traditions when I copy my ancestors.
I spent much of the day doing errands. I bought a mirror at the glass shop and produce, yogurt, milk, and wine at four different shops; took my print of the two flamboyant sisters to the frame shop; bought curtain rings. By the time I had completed these tasks, I had accummulated 12,660 steps on my Pedometer. I love that! I love the way just going about my daily business in Guanajuato, in and of itself, provides a framework of fitness without doing anything extra or artificial. I try to walk in California too, but I always notice when I'm in Mexico how much more I walk here, and how interwoven walking is with everyday tasks. I don't plan a walk as "exercise"; it's just part of daily life. It's the way life was for most of human history, and I feel in keeping with ancient traditions when I copy my ancestors.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home