Saturday, June 16, 2007

Showing Up

I'm back in Guanajuato after seven weeks in California (doing training for clients there) and in England, visiting my in-law family, and hiking in beautful mountainous Wales and coastal Pembrokeshire. I have not posted in ages and ages because I am beset by house travails that have discouraged my writing spirit.

Yesterday, meditating, when I felt so disheartened by the house scene, I thought, "Well, I just show up." In periods of lowness, as I'm in right now, I show up. I meditate. I go to la prepa (the local high school, where, last spring, I signed up to swim) to re-enroll. (I was unsuccessful--the pool is closed til August), but I did go, and that's what counts. I join the gym. I do Pilates. I go to the "Lucha Contra Cancer"-- "Fight Against Cancer") center about scheduling the talk that the coordinator wants me to give on goal-setting. She wasn't there, but I was told when she would be, so once again, I didn't have success, but at least I went. I buy spinach. I clean up. I go through all the motions, even if I have to force myself to, and after awhile, lo, I feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home